Name:
Location: Singapore

Sunday, April 11, 2010

TRIBUTE TO MOTHER

DESCRIPTION : This painting portrays the connection between my mother and i. The bigger mushroom symbolizes my mother while the smaller mushroom symbolizes me. Through the fierce rain, and the constant attacks by the devil, my mother stands firm. She protects me knowing the dangers around me, while i want to "break free" from her. The rainbow shows the boundless love we share, that only appears in moments after the rain :)

Happiness and love you would share,
You've showered me with plenty of care,
You're always being so overprotective, like a mother would,
But i knew that whatever you did for me was for my own good.
I rebutted back,
You replied me calmly,
Like an injured swallow, you kept that misery in you until i saw you crying quietly.
Ever since i was born,
I'll take care of you, i've sworn,
A failed marriage, a broken promise and a broken heart,
You managed to pull through to raise me up.
When i was young, you were the one i kissed,
Now that i've grown up, i look back into the past and realise how much i've missed.
I wanted to tell you so badly how much i love you, did you know?
Like a cat wanting to attack a lion, i didnt have the courage to do so.
A million "thank you"s cant express my gratitude,
What would i be without you?
I've been taking things for granted, i must be insane.
All those sacrifices you made were probably in vain.
I've caused too much trouble, i've been too wild.
Darling mother, would you forgive me for being such an ungrateful child?

POEM DONE BY CASSANDRA CHEAH :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home